Friday, February 21, 2014

Tea Blog Review 3

Twinging
Chai:Spiced Apple

Tea Info
Type: Black Tea
Description/Ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Apple, Chai, Cinammon & Ginger Flavours with Other Natural Flavours, Cardamom, Clove


Review:
This is another one of Twinings seasonal teas in the local stores around me. I saw it while shopping and figured it would be a interesting mix to try. My first reaction to the scent of the tea before it was steeped was that is smelt strongly of apple and ginger. Not exactly what I expected from a Chai but none the less oddly pleasant. Once the tea was steeped on the other hand that pleasantry kind of went away in my personal opinion. It was over whelming strong and almost border lining a potpourri smell.

Now I don't know about any of you but the smell of potpourri does not exactly make me want to drink something. None the less I sucked it up and tasted it anyway. It was majorly over powering and extremely bitter. It actually manged to make me gag and I almost couldn't drink it. So I added two tablespoons of sugar in hopes to cut through the bitter, perhaps make it taste less like what I imagine potpourri water would taste like. With the sugar it was a tiny bit easier to stomach. Not by much though. It was still very overpowering.

I added milk to this in hopes that this may change the taste, because thus far I was hating this tea. The milk added actually did help a TON! It no longer tasted like I said before what I would imagine potpourri water would taste of. Instead it actually kind of reminded me of apple and cinnamon oatmeal. This was much more pleasant then before.

My overall view on this tea, is not something I would recommend to anyone, ever! Though if someone was to try it I would say go straight with milk and sugar. Unless you want that flowery taste of perfume in your mouth. If you can stomach something like that props to you! Two out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment