Sunday, February 23, 2014

Tea Blog Review 6

Lipton
Island Mango & Peach


Tea Info
Type: White Tea
Description/Ingredients:White tea, green tea, orange leaves, rose hips, lemon grass, licorice root, modified corn starch, natural flavor.

Review:
Okay first and foremost I have to state. I have no clue where they get the Island mango for a name when there is no Mango in the ingredients. It is actually kind of annoying to me. I digress though, the smell that came from the pouch was very much a peach smell. Which I love peaches so I really was looking forward to this tea. Once it was steeped it still smelt of peaches but had the subtle undertones of citrus.

The taste to this tea was just as pleasant though not what I thought it would be. It was almost hard to pick out any one type of taste. The best way to describe it would be to just label it as fruity. It was relatively sweet on it's own and didn't need much in the way of sugar. With the small amount i added it brought more of the flavors out in a singular way to each one. Though I think the all over taste of them mixed as one gave it a bit of a Mango taste. So had I not read the ingredients I would have thought it was in there.

Overall the tea was fairly pleasant, I do believe it could have been a bit more tasteful and from what I understand they redid this one's recipe and it taste awful. So I guess this is the best this particular tea from Lipton will get. Shame. Four out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment