Friday, February 28, 2014

Pinrose Review

Pinrose 
First and foremost we are going to talk a little about the company.

There claim is that "We sell the highest quality fragrances at a price that doesn't break the bank. No room-clearing, grandma fragrances - no fragrances created to sell you on the fruity-floral top note - no phthalates - no parabens. Just the best perfumers in the world, using the best ingredients."

So we are going to see if they hold up to their word. They are currently sending out three samples of three selections of your choice. All you have to pay is three dollars shipping. Seems fair enough.

My experience thus far with the company itself:

For the most part there are no major issues. My only complaint was that it took them a week to send out the product. In that week I never got one update. Otherwise they seem to be pretty set up well for just opening this year.

When I logged onto the site to see about the perfume samples, it had me take a quick survey and it lined me up with three perfumes they felt fit me. These scents are as follows: Moonlight Gypsy, Campfire Rebel, & Treehouse Royal. I will be doing a review on each one of these perfumes as I use them.

Upon receiving the product, its packaging was rather nice and neat. Very clean. They also sent a small booklet with the info of each perfume and it's info. Which includes the description of each perfume, how it sips, and how it sounds. As well as small other notes.

The first one I used was Treehouse Royal.


Tree House Royal
About:
"Who's the empress of the woods? Take on the day confidently with this elegant mix of fig, peony, and Haitian vetiver."

Notes
Smile — Cassis, Pear, Fig
Heart — Jasmine, Violet, White Peony
SOUL — Vanilla Bourbon, Haitian Vetiver, Moss
Sips like: Pinot Noir 

Sounds like: 'Comptine d'un Autre Ete: L'Apres Midi' by Yann Tiersen

My review:

Let me get this small note out of the way first. I have never heard of a perfume put what their scent sips like. To some people this could be misleading and make people think they can actually put this in their mouth. That disturbs me to no end. Obviously that is not the point of it but it is still a factor of you really have to take into consideration whom all may end up with this in their hands.

Moving on.

So I put this on around Two pm. The scent lasted for hours. It was not overly strong but it was very flowery. I could not pull out anything other then a overwhelming Peony scent. Though it was a pleasant smell it was also very suffocating after a while. In no way did it remind me of a Treehouse. Perhaps royal okay, I could see someone of royal decent wearing something like this. I also don't see many people in their twenties wearing something like this. It was not exactly a scent that fit me. I also could not pitcher any of my friends wearing this particular scent.

All in all it was nice though like I stated it was not meant for me. So strike one. There survey failed in that area.

Keep your eyes out for the next two!

No comments:

Post a Comment