Thursday, February 20, 2014

Tea Blog Review 2

Twinings
Chai: Pumpkin Spice


Tea Info
Type: Black Tea
Description/Ingredients: Black Tea, Natural Chai, Cinnamon & Ginger Flavours with Other Natural Flavours, Natural & Artificial Pumpkin Spice Flavour, Allspice, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Clove


Review:

I am naturally a fan of Twinings products. I still though go in with a clear mind when it comes to any tea. Twinings Chai Pumpkin spice (unless bought on line) is a seasonal tea. It typically can only be found in the stores around me during the fall months. When I saw this I knew I just had to try it. I have a love for both Chai tea's as well as Pumpkin flavors!

The scent given before steeping that I could recognizable off the bat was cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Now this could be from the fact of being a baker but they were the ones that jumped out right away. It was a very pungent smell like most spices are, it actually reminds me a lot of fall weather. After steeping it had a very creamy freshly baked pumpkin pie scent.

Upon first taste minus the sugar it was bitter, but it taste a lot like raw pumpkin. The bitterness I would assume would be due to the allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and clove. If you have ever tried any of those spices alone they are very bitter spices. Once I added sugar it took the bite out of the spices and brought all the flavors together nicely. I also added milk which gave it a creamy and smooth taste as well. Which seem to really pull it all together.

So my overall view of the product; it brings about the a flavor and scent of warm pumpkin pie. It is a Tea that ranks high on my loves of tea. It is the right amount of all ingredients to pull off the prefect blended taste!

No comments:

Post a Comment