Friday, February 21, 2014

Tea Blog Review 4

Twinings
Chai: French Vanilla


Tea Info

Type: Black Tea
Description/Ingredients:Black Tea, Natural Chai, Cinnamon & Ginger Flavours with Other Natural Flavours, Artificial Vanilla Flavour, Cardamom, Clove, Vanilla Pod Powder

Review:
Once more, and final one of the seasonal for this company for now, I promise. Off the bat I could not distinguish any specific smells in this. Which was sort of saddening I was looking forward tot he vanilla in this. In fact if anything the smell it gave off was very much a artificial/chemical type smell. Not pleasant at all and I almost passed on trying it past that. Once steeped though the smell got better, now I could pull out the smell of the french vanilla I had originally thought I would get. You could also smell the undertones of the spice's of the chai under the vanilla it was really warm and welcoming fragrance.

I was actually disappointed about this tea on first sip. It tasted the way it had smelt before I had steeped it. Very fake tasting, I am not a fan of artificial taste and this strongly tasted of a chemical flavor rather then a flavor of natural vanilla bean. I added sugar with that it did pull out the spice's in the chai, though it still carried that fake vanilla flavor. As well as held a bit of a bitter bite to it as a after taste. After adding milk it made it creamy and a much better taste. No longer as artificial tasting as it had been though the spice of the Chai still was over powering which left the cup of tea very much a bitter taste.

All in all I am not impressed with this tea at all and will most likely never buy this particular one again. Like I stated I am not a fan of artificial flavors and you could tell that it was a artificial one. I had high hopes for this tea and they fell flat on their face. One out of five stars

No comments:

Post a Comment