Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Gavottes Dark Chocolate Crepe Dentelle

Gavottes Dark Chocolate Crepe Dentelle

These actually have a interesting background. The company alone was founded in 1920 in the Loc Maria District in Quimper France. This is where they hand rolled each crispy crepe for decades. It wasn't until four decades later that they became a industrialized factory. Twelve years later finally the rest of the world got to get there first taste of these delectable tasting crispy crepes. With the start of such a large tempting treat came into demand they were determined to keep up with the times. Keep their customers wanting more and being pleased with the product. From this in 1978 they started coating their Brittany Crepes in chocolate. Which as we jump forward to today is only one of the many products they make.

With that quick history lesson about the company, I will jump over to a little noting before getting into the review. I first got these this past Christmas (2013.) My father and Step mother had gotten my husband and myself these as part of our present. They were something different and new to us. She was thrilled about these things. So I have had these in the past, though at the time it was just the plain milk chocolate. I received seven to eight of these things in my Love with Food box. (Not sure what Love with Food is? Check out the blog entry on Love with Food. For all you foodies out there!)

These were slightly different from the ones we got on christmas. These instead of milk chocolate were covered in dark chocolate. Which I won't lie I was thrilled about. I love dark chocolate. So these little treats are very brittle and easily break at the slightest bit of tension. So these can get messy fast if you are not careful with them. Several in my box were smashed to pieces.

When you bite into these and start actually chewing you realize this is a very light and airy type of treat. It is a interesting and yet new kind of texture in the way it is so smooth. The taste was amazing, just enough sweetness that it is in no way disgustingly sweet but not overly bitter from the dark chocolate either. The chocolate compliments the crunchy crepe that it covers. I can see how quickly these could become in high demand. The issue I do find with them is that because of how light it is, one can easily get carried away with eating these.

This for someone like me who is on a diet would not be a good thing. None the less these things were amazing. Compared to the milk chocolate ones I like these better as did my husband. The milk chocolate was a little to sweet and if you have sensitive teeth like myself it makes eating them hard to do. All in all these are well worth the money and amazing! I can't wait for the chance to try more from this company!

No comments:

Post a Comment