Sunday, March 2, 2014

Holland Candle Full Review

Holland Candle Review


I personally am tired of putting money into big box stores who don't care about their product. Specially when it comes to things like candles and wax melts. I want a product that will satisfy. Do what it was intended to do. Make my place smell nice! So instead of putting any more money into those big box stores I went searching Etsy. What I found was several business. Today we are covering Hollands Candles.

I recently got some to review to see if they hold up to her confidence in her product. The products in which I tried were a packet of break apart wickless wax melts in Egyptian Amber. A Bag of wickless wax tarts in Spiced Cranberry and a eight ounce jar candle with a Downy scent.

My Review:

Egyptian Amber: This break apart wax melt came as a section of six. Before I looked into what made up the scent I did a cold sniff. I could not really smell much through the packaging. Which meant it had a nice mild scent that wouldn't assault the nose. The notes I could pull out of the scent and distinguish or at least what I would take a stab at figuring out were, jasmin and sandalwood. It is a scent that I am typically drawn to because it was almost a musk scent so it was a scent in which I looked forward to burning.

Upon melting it though, the scent may be mild in the packet, but it throws AMAZINGLY when it is heated. I could smell it two rooms away! I burned it for two hours. It lingered for about two hours after I had turned it off! My husband even loved it. We were highly impressed with this one. The quality of the wax was also a very high, it did not crumble or break apart in a mess like I have experienced in the past with other companies melts. For the price of two dollars and fifty cents. This is well worth it! Even after running for two hours this wax still has life left in it for a second heating.


Spiced Cranberry:
This came in wax tarts five to a bag. You could certainly smell it through the bag. Which was a heavy cinnamon type scent. Giving that spice aspect. Now when you open the bag and pull one out. It still has that spice scent but it also has the under tones of a sweet tangy smell. Which I can presume to be the cranberry. This one I could not find in her listing's anywhere. So I assume it is probably seasonal or out of stock at this point.

I melted this one for a hour and half. The smell didn't throw as far. Though it did fill my kitchen. It gave off that almost fresh scent of what I can only describe as something you would smell walking into a kitchen during the winter holidays. It was very pleasant and brings about feelings of a warm and welcoming atmosphere. Certainly something I could see being heated during the holidays even if you haven't been cooking to give it that home sweet home type of surrounding. These run at three twenty five for a five pack. Certainly worth the investment! I still even have a second heating left in this one as well.

Downy Scented Candle: The eight ounce Downy scented candle, when opened smelt strongly of what I would describe as fresh laundry. Maybe even as far as going to say that scent you get after hanging your cloths out to dry on a line in the middle of spring. It has a nice long wick which you do want to make sure to clip down slightly before lighting.

At first when I lit this, I decided the best place in the house for this particular candle would have been either my bedroom or bathroom. We went with the latter. It pooled quickly and seem to melt evenly. The only issue I had with it at first is the throw of the scent wasn't there. I shrugged it off since it had only been a minute since I lit it. At the twenty minute check in on it I was glad to have shrugged off my intentional concern of the throw of the scent. My bathroom already started to smell of that fresh clean scent I was looking forward to! It also could be smelt two rooms away! The longer I let it burn the more the scent developed and the more I fell in love with this candle. For four dollars and fifty cents this is more then worth the price and I still have plenty of hours of burning left in this candle!

Wrap up: I love these products! I can easily and with confidence say that they do hold up to what she prides herself on. I highly suggest investing in a some of her candles and melts! The scents are amazing and they melt and burn with no problem at all! Not to mention her customer service was above and beyond what one could wish for or even expect! What more could one person ask for!

Info about Holland Candles; established in 2009 by owner Karen McMurry from Holland Michigan. She started making candles because she loved candles but found them to be too expensive in your big box stores. So instead she decided to make them! Not only did she start making them but she figured why should she only be the one to enjoy them. She makes and sales reasonably priced, high quality paraffin soy candles and wax melts.

You can find her product both on Etsy as well as you can buy them in person at her husbands and hers small restaurant, The Windmill in downtown Holland Michigan.


Find her at the following links:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/hollandcandle
https://www.facebook.com/HollandCandle


As one last note: Later this week I will update this post with a link to the Vlog: Before the Burn:Holland Candles.

No comments:

Post a Comment