Monday, March 24, 2014

Mario Camacho Pitted Green Olives

 Mario Camacho Pitted Green Olives



I tend to have a love for olives. I like the bitter bite they tend to carry with them. I will even go as far as buying olives just to eat them out of the jar. I got these two delectable treat in the Love with Food box. I have to admit, I was a bit skeptical. Even more so when my husband made the comment that typically these things weren't very good. So I put off trying these and put off trying these until I could not anymore.

So looking at Mario Camacho's store website apparently they sale six different types of these. The two I received was Savory Pepper and Garlic. A bit of a spike interest but still very skeptical. So the other night we sat down and tried these after dinner.

The Savory Pepper was up first. The packaging on this one was hard to open and in fact required me to use scissors. So suddenly these on the go packets have already became something that unless you unnaturally carry a pair of scissors with you are no longer on the go friendly. So once I finally got into the packet the aroma was pleasant. Which was a plus in the pro side about these since for the start was already a con. They were kind of smashed up a little which I a, not really looking to eat smashed up olives, though it was expected after all they are in a small packet.

This was a sign though that they were soft. Which for myself and my husband is a likable thing we are not big on the firm olives to much. So the softness was a nice surprise for these. This can also be a good attribute for people whom have issues with there teeth or other dental issues in general. Now the taste of these at first it tasted nothing like pepper on it. Which made me recheck the package to make sure I read these right. They were over powering in the taste of what a natural green olive taste like. After a couple of olives though you could pick up that pepper taste. It was just a small hint of it though and was more like a underlining tone.

The Garlic olive packet on the other hand was easy to open. This takes me back to the fact that it being a on the go snack. This was much more friendly towards it. Perhaps nothing but a fluke with the first one? None the less, Same stance in the way the olives were smashed in the packet. Kind of flattened. The aroma on these though were strongly of garlic. The thing I did not like about that is the fact it wasn't even a fresh garlic smell but almost like a old or artificial smell.

The taste was not much better, at least not to me. My husband seem to like them. I found them to over powering in garlic. I think the smell got to me more then anything though. None the less not something I would buy for myself.

All in all with these its hard to make a good judgment call. Based on the fluke package of the first one and they only come with eight to a packet it really is hard to tell if they are something I would put money out for. Perhaps just not those flavors? I would be willing to try the others before fully writing them off. They weren't bad but they were not something to write home about if you get what I am trying to say. Try it for yourself don't just take my word for it. After all everyone's tastebuds are different.

No comments:

Post a Comment