Wednesday, March 12, 2014

LockHarts Review

I can not tell you how many times I walked into any hair isle at any store and stared at the hair products for ten or more minutes. Trying to figure out what I need or what will work best. Not wanting to waste my money on something that may not work in my hair. I naturally have pretty heavy hair. It tends to be thick and curly and wavy. As it gets longer it weights more and the more product it takes for me to keep my hair in place when I style it. Within the past year I have gone with a more alternative shorter hair cut.

With this I go back and forth on what products I use in my hair. More specifically I go between hairspray and my husbands pomade. Some times I have even used both just to get the look I wanted. I loved using the pomade so much that we typically go through it pretty fast. Between his mohawk (When he has it) and my hair style the small tubs we get of it don't last us long at all.

I wanted to find a product that would work just as well if not better, smell just as good and not cost me the arm and leg for the small amount I get from the saloon. I found a amazing product! I searched Etsy far and wide not thinking I would find anything like it on it but etsy as always provide me wrong and I happened across Lockhart's.

My Review:

Hair Pomade (Medium Hold)
So I can't explain how much I love this product. It has both its pro's and con's for female hair. (Specially since currently it is a male product.) The look of the overall packaging was amazing. It has a very vintage feel to it. Since I love vintage anything this tend to appeal to me HIGHLY. Now intentionally I had to break through the wax type barrier that was there. I was forwarned of this so this was not a issue. The texture was a good one as well as the smell was amazing. It smells of sandalwood. Almost a spicey sandalwood.

So I used this when I went to my flogging molly concert. When I typically use pomades its to help put texture into my hair before I style and cover in hairspray. So as typically this is what I did. Now I think my only real con with this is I don't think it was the right one for my hair. I think I may need a heavier hold. (At least while my hair is at the length it is now. This will be changing within the next couple weeks so I will retry this one again with it. If the results change I will revisit this.) All in all though it held pretty well for the entire night and I liked it a lot.

Now one thing to note with pomades is they don't dry and I am okay with this. Means my hair won't have that crispy texture it gets with hair sprays and gels. It also typically can take a couple washes or using a special soap or dish soap meant to take out grease to get this stuff out. I was pleasantly surprised that this did not take me more then one wash to get it out! Which is good for a girl in my shoes. Since I dye my hair a color that tends to bleed easily it means I try to avoid washing my hair a large amount of times. Within a week or it pulls my color out. So that is a positive in my book. Also unlike most pomades I almost forgot I even had this in my hair because I didn't get that overall greasy feeling you do with most pomades.
Most females are not keen on having greasy looking hair and this didn't leave it looking greasy either (Which most pomades may depending on what brand you use and so on) All in all this was amazing and one I could see keeping around in my hair products in the future.

Ingredients: Beeswax, Petrolatum, Coconut Oil, Olive Oil, Parfum. 


Goon Grease


I am first going to state I will certainly be doing a second review of this. Because of right now with my hair at the length it is. I don't feel I got a accurate account of this one. What I will comment on so far from what I have tried of this is that the smell is amazingly yummy. It smells of fresh lemons with a small undertone of sandalwood and a bite of cinnamon. Though you really need to be looking for the other two occasionally since fresh lemon tends to be a strong scent. This one didn't exactly do what I would have liked it to with my hair and actually kind of kept pulling it out. ( I tend to tease my hair a lot) It also took me a couple washes to get this out. Which for someone like me who dyes their hair the color I do. This isn't exactly a good thing. Though with the right shampoo that can be over looked. All in all like I stated I will be coming back to this one at a later time as well since I am cutting my hair soon. With a shorter cut in the back I will be able to give a more accurate review.

Ingredients: Petrolatum, Microcrystalline wax, Beeswax, Avocado oil, Lanolin, Fragrance, and Color.

Overall:
I really hate summing up the over all without a fully accurate account on both products so for now I am only going to go with the Pomade as a final review.

I love this product, I love that though this is meant for a man's hair it can also be used on my hair as a female. It holds well, the scent unlike many pomades I have tried in the past have a scent that is not just aimed at men but could be considered a unisex scent. Which is a plus as well since not many females are okay walking around smelling of what a man should be wearing. If you are using pomades as a female or thinking of trying them. I would highly recommend trying Lockhart's.


Lockharts Information
Lockharts is owned and operated by Nichole Lockhart from Owosso Michigan. Making their pomades currently for all the guys out there. She is currently entertaining the idea of a female line. Which I for one would love to see! Her customer service is impeccable and she is on top of everything! In the end you should totally check out these products and her store! If a female line does come about believe me I will gladly bring about another review and let you all be the first to know! 

Lockharts Etsy Store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/Lockharts

No comments:

Post a Comment